Do you ever wonder about how some people are exceptionally smart and perform better than others? May it be education or solving puzzles, they excel in certain aspects. The ability to memorize and perform other mental functions such as reasoning or information processing are known as cognitive abilities. Humans can perform complex tasks because of their complex cognitive abilities. People with higher cognitive abilities perform better in many areas of life. So the idea of popping pills to increase mental capabilities is quite attractive. Therefore, there are many cognitive enhancement drugs for this purpose, usually called smart drugs.
These drugs claim to enhance cognitive skills. Any drug that may have a positive impact on mental capacity is generally known as a nootropic. Although it sounds revolutionary to have pills that can make you ‘smarter’, many doubts are attached still. Here we will look into different types of nootropics, how they work, and their impact on memory.
Types of Smart Drugs
Smart drugs generally fall into three main categories:
- Prescription drugs
- Dietary supplements
- Synthetic compounds
Nootropics that are prescription drugs are FDA-approved. They treat patients suffering from ADHD, narcolepsy, Alzheimer’s, and many other diseases that impair mental abilities. However, they are only recommended for patients and not for healthy people.
Many amino acids are part of nootropics, and they are in the form of dietary supplements. Some of these amino acids, such as L-theanine, are linked to improved creativity. These substances are also available in synthetic forms.
How Do Nootropics Work?
There is not enough research that can conclude how some of these drugs work. However, there are many explanations for their process. One such reason is that these smart drugs increase the flow of blood to the brain. Thus, making it possible for a brain to use more oxygen. These drugs also release neurotransmitters such as dopamine which can help you focus and plan. Using such pills also results in a heavy release of adrenaline within the body. These adrenaline levels are similar to what the body achieves when a person consumes a large amount of caffeine. Hence, using nootropics allows people to stay active and awake for an extended period of time.
Best Neuroenhancers In The Market
Generally, neuroenhancers or nootropics come with many claimed benefits of using them. These benefits range from improving memory to increasing a person’s productivity. But, choosing the best neuroenhancers for yourself is not an easy job. You have to choose the drug which suits your lifestyle best. All of the nootropics claim to do an adequate job, but which one is the most effective for you? Hence, we have listed some of the best neuroenhancers in the market and their basic function.
- Mind Lap Pro: Works to enhance memory retention and increases mental processing. It allows the user to feel more focused and motivated.
- Performance Lab Mind: Can boost brain energy and help in maintaining focus. It allows the user to recover from mental exhaustion and motivates them to work. It also enhances multitasking capabilities.
- Noocube: It a blend of neuroenhancers that works to enhance the cognitive functions of the user. It heightens their focus and concentration, allowing the user to learn better.
- Hunter Focus: This is a neuroenhancer made specifically for middle-aged men. It helps in decreasing anxiety and alleviating the user’s mood. It helps by boosting creativity, energy, and concentration.
- Brain Pill: It allows the user to increase productivity and maintain focus for an extended period. It also improves memory retention and enables the user to perform well under pressure.
Impact On Memory
Generally, nootropics enhance a person’s memory and allow them to become more focused. These smart drugs will enable a person to recall memories easily or improve memory retention during the learning process. Those who use smart drugs more often report positive results of the drug on their memory. But on the other hand, some people note adverse side effects such as short-term memory, blurriness, etc. Hence, to fully understand the benefits and side effects of smart drugs, let us observe them in detail.
Benefits Of Using Nootropics
Some of the primary benefits of using smart drugs are:
- Enhances focus: It is easy to find distractions in this digital age, and some people fall back on their work because of this problem. Using a nootropic can help the person enhance their focus on one job at a time without getting distracted easily.
- Lengthens attention span: Many people suffer from varying degrees of attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD). This disorder causes difficulties for a person in paying attention and controlling their activity. To treat this order, many people opt for nootropics as it lengthens their attention span considerably.
- Improves short-term memory: People who struggle with their short-term memory report significant results after using nootropics. Their memory retention capabilities enhance, and they are able to remember easily.
- Increases cognitive performance: Many people report that using nootropics allows them to improve their cognitive performance and perform well. This can help them make well-informed business decisions as well, improving the business as a whole.
- Enhance mood: Using nootropics tends to alleviate mood by decreasing stress and anxiety in the brain. That helps in improving the user’s overall performance.
Side Effects of Using Nootropics
Like every other medicine, there is a risk of having side effects from smart drugs. Some of these side effects include:
- High blood pressure
- Fast heart rate
- Shortness of breath
- Trouble with vision
- Blurriness in vision
- Insomnia and sleep disturbances
- Addiction to the drug
- Impulsive behavior
If you experience any of these side effects, stop taking the drug immediately and consult a physician if the condition worsens. Apart from that, there have been reports of people becoming more impulsive and rash after taking nootropics. To avoid that, take the drug precisely according to the prescription. In case of regular usage, consult with a healthcare professional regularly. If you can, it would be best to have a caretaker or someone who can supervise your behavior and actions to don’t harm yourself in any way.
Smart Drugs – Final Verdict
Using nootropics is safe for the most part, and it poses no serious risk to your health. On the positive side, using nootropics can help you perform better, whether at work or studies. It helps in increasing brain performance, improves cognitive abilities, increases memory retention, and lengthens attention span. They also help in increasing creativity and boost your mood by diminishing stress and anxiety. Other natural methods manipulate the positive energy in you to improve mental health too. However, using smart drugs in a safe and controlled environment can pack many benefits for you.